Shift + Space

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Shift + Space

Post by chris13524 »

I accidentally bumped Shift + Space (which apparently paused my game), I had to go looking through the controls because there was no indication of what just happened. The "resume" button on the game menu is misleading in this case, there should be another (obvious) method to unpause the game.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Shift + Space

Post by Kane »

Resume is fine, Plus who wants to have to get that translated in 100 languages.

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

Kane wrote:Resume is fine, Plus who wants to have to get that translated in 100 languages.
However, pressing Resume does not unpause the game, it only removes the game menu (you must press Shift + Space to actually resume).

Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Aru »

I agree, calling it "Pause game" in the controls menu is misleading. I remember spending a long time trying to undo it the first few times it happened. Perhaps if the entry was renamed to "Pause game (grid overlay)" or something like that? Or maybe if something else was on the screen alongside the grid overlay that said "game paused"? Either would work.

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mp0011 »

I accidentally enabled pause in tech tree view. Pause grid is barely visible, and You just can't exit tech view. It's bug for me.

BTW. is it possible to implement/enable active pause in single player mode?
Pause and check inventory, setup some things, check map, etc...?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Pause should be the actual "Pause" button the keyboard... I mean wtf?
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

... I shift the space in my pause ... ?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I thought this was silly but I also ended up having this. I pause the game and then click resume but resume does not resume... Resume should be back and unpause or whatever should be resume lol

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Oh, now I remember that: I switched to the map view. Then I paused the game and closed the laptop. Next day I wanted to continue. I forgot that it was paused. Game seems to be frozen. I could not leave the map view. Very strange.
At the end I killed the process and restarted. Just then I remembered, that it was just, because I paused the game in the map view. There is just nothing, that displays the pause mode to the player in that view.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jzr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jzr »

New player here. After the toolbelt weirdness, this is my second biggest gripe with the game -- pausing a game should not freeze the UI!
From other games, I'm used to be able to pause and still be able to do things like view inventory, view map, read item tooltips, etc.
Especially reading tooltips. As a new player, I spend a lot of time actually reading item descriptions in the crafting window, thinking through what needs what, etc.
With pause freezing everything including tooltips, I have to do all that reading with game running, which is a pretty bad design, given that there are enemies out to kill you.
In fact, I tend to work around this by saving the game, doing the reading/thinking/whatever, then loading the saved game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”