Request for logistics robots

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Request for logistics robots

Post by Alfdaur »

Hi there, every time I go on artifact hunting I come back with a big load of artifacts that I need to drop off in the factory. Other times the logistics robot bring me more than 200 processor chips, so that they take two stacks in my inventory (one of 200 and one of 1). I find this irritating to sort this all out manualy.

What I would like to suggest is that logistic robots are able to take items out of your inventory to clean it up for you. Of course this needs a new mechanic. So I propose that you can set your logistics setting of your inventory (the one that already exists) to zero (0) or any other number. Than afterwards the logistic robots will add till you have that number of items and will remove the items till you have the requested numbers. Of course this only works for items selected in your logistic slots.

So in my example I would set my request for artifacts as zero, and when I come into logistics range the logistics robots will come and remove all the number of artifacts till the requested number (zero). In my other example the second stack of one (1) processor chip will be removed to get to the requested number of 200 processor chips.

I know that you can already go to the active provider chests and put them in that box. But this mechanic would make it a lot more simpler and automated for the player.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Request for logistics robots

Post by FishSandwich »

I'm on the bench with this. It's a good idea but, has problems. Say I have my inventory requesting 100 iron and copper at all times in case I need it. But I then decide that I want to, I don't know.. Build a mining outpost somewhere far away so I manually pick up lots more iron and copper. The logistic bots will chase me and take all the extra away from me. Which isn't good..

Erm, for your chips problem, I believe that was fixed in 0.10.1? According to the changelog, anyway.

rebecca
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rebecca »

maybe having outward logistics slots

when you drop a stack in a slot it turns it red in your inventory and logistic bots take that stack to storage

they may need to turn off the auto filter stacks in the inventory tho

unless you say take X amount of item and it counts down as they take it

i can see problems with this eg if u use the item .. but can be fixed using an item could adjust this counter accordingly

once its 0 or u remove it before then its removed and not needed it wont be like the inward where it keeps you stocked up with X amount always

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There are some ideas here, but I didn't find any.

I remember for example one post, where I suggested negative numbers.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Robbedem
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robbedem »

I have a different suggestion relating to logistics robots:
I would like logistic robots to be able to put modules in factories.
I guess it would have to work with some sort of template,
f.e.: upgrade all Copper Cable producing level 3 assemblers with one energy effectivity level 2 and one productivity level 2.

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=3795

my suggestion of cleaner bots, i tried already to make a mod but its to hard for me
Mining Drill Operator

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”