Iron sticks and wooden planks

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Iron sticks and wooden planks

Post by Bleda »

Every time my inventory is full, I find one slot occupied with one iron stick and another one with one wooden plank. Why do these even exist? They are used in extremely few recipes and always in odd quantities, so you get stuck with one useless peace stuck in your inventory. The only reason to automate their crafting is if you want to mass-produce rails. As it is, they're not making the game more interesting, they just take up space.

I suggest they should either be removed or made into a useful intermediate product, like gear wheels, that are used in a variety of recipes that are worth automating. Wooden planks probably don't have too much use, so it's probably better to get rid of them and use the normal wood instead. Iron sticks make sense in more places, like motors, vehicles, and maybe some factory equipment like belts and assembly lines. The problem is, maybe it will all get too complex. So it might be better to just get rid of it altogether.

What do you think?

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Iron sticks and wooden planks

Post by bonob »

The wooden plank is coming from the shotgun, which uses an odd number of planks.
Quite an annoyance in my opinion.

Khyron
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Iron sticks and wooden planks

Post by Khyron »

And the iron stick is probably from making stacks of five lights. I am now in the habit of making even number of lights, batches of 6 or 10, right + left click or double right click.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”