Space Science, Rockets and the Moon

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

OmegaStorm720
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Space Science, Rockets and the Moon

Post by OmegaStorm720 »

I really like the idea of the rocket finally getting a proper use in the game but I feel that the rocket bringing down the science packs from outer space is not realistic. Maybe instead it could bring down moon rock or something else that is required in the construction of the science packs. If it is something like moon rock that it brings down maybe we could send up some (space) miners to speed up till the next time there would be enough resources to collect soon. Anyway, that's just my opinion, hope this helps. :D

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Space Science, Rockets and the Moon

Post by redlabel »

This is a good idea.

Instead of the science you could get "Deep Space Particles" or something that you combine with something more basic like uranium to get the science pack. Or maybe make it so only nuclear-enabled facilities can process these space particles.. Just like you need chemical plants to make batteries.

Another interesting thing would be to have Nuclear Fusion on top of Nuclear Fision. Fision you would make with the uranium, and Fusion you would need Deuterium to be mined from "Space". Fusion reactors would be way more expensive than Fision ones but give more energy. A bit like "MK2 Nuclear Power".
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”