Multi starting points for multi player and teams

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Multi starting points for multi player and teams

Post by BLuehasia »

I know there are mods for this and still haven't figured out how to use spacebook yet or the other ones to achieve this, but can it be put into vanilla for team placed gameplay also, that we can say there will be 4 starting spots and 4 teams spread out on the map. and the game knows to do the fancy math to make sure things are spread out from each teams starting point, compensate for extra resources for the different teams.

Bitters also know which way the pollution is coming so if one base pollution gets massive they know to attack the biggest polluter.

all teams have there town tech and production stat screen

when a new player join for the first time they would need to pick a team to join

I would love this me and my friends love building our own bases, but sharing tech, production stat screen and it is hard to find good starting points for each team.

PS im up for help on people helping how to use these team mods. me and my friends never seem to get them to work. but then .15 is coming out soon and those mods may not work for a while XD

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Multi starting points for multi player and teams

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32968 Collection of Of Ideas around Multiplayer: Lobby-Features, Joining, Mod&Game-Loading, ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

BLuehasia wrote:I know there are mods for this and still haven't figured out how to use spacebook yet or the other ones to achieve this, but can it be put into vanilla for team placed gameplay also, that we can say there will be 4 starting spots and 4 teams spread out on the map. and the game knows to do the fancy math to make sure things are spread out from each teams starting point, compensate for extra resources for the different teams.

Bitters also know which way the pollution is coming so if one base pollution gets massive they know to attack the biggest polluter.

when a new player join for the first time they would need to pick a team to join

I would love this me and my friends love building our own bases, but sharing tech, production stat screen and it is hard to find good starting points for each team.

PS im up for help on people helping how to use these team mods. me and my friends never seem to get them to work. but then .15 is coming out soon and those mods may not work for a while XD
The PvP scenario now can fill this function, you can setup teams, ally or enemy, with open or locked diplomacy etc.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

And RSO has a multiple start point functionality - I haven't tested it extensively but description page of RSO on forums contains info on how to use it.

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

Klonan wrote:
BLuehasia wrote:I know there are mods for this and still haven't figured out how to use spacebook yet or the other ones to achieve this, but can it be put into vanilla for team placed gameplay also, that we can say there will be 4 starting spots and 4 teams spread out on the map. and the game knows to do the fancy math to make sure things are spread out from each teams starting point, compensate for extra resources for the different teams.

The PvP scenario now can fill this function, you can setup teams, ally or enemy, with open or locked diplomacy etc.
Oh wow thanks for this. this must be new i derped around with this today. its a great start in the right direction!!! me and my friends will try this right away

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”