Jumping on/off train/car

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jumping on/off train/car

Post by ssilk »

I would like to jump of the train without loosing live and choose the direction.

In my eyes the problem is only, that the following train collides with you.
So, I would say: press direction AND then enter leaves the train into the direction on a save place.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Jumping off train

Post by Sander Buruma »

it would be nice to be able to decide which side of the train to get off, but jumping off the train without the risk of dying, seems a little too much.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Jumping off train

Post by Rahjital »

Does it really matter which direction you jump? I mean, when you jump from a train that's moving fast enough to kill you in a jump, it's going to be past you in a few seconds anyway and then you can just cross the rails. :P

I agree that exiting the train in a direction other than the way it's heading would be nice, though. Dying in such a way is pointless and annoying, which is something games should never do. Factorio a game, after all, not a realistic simulator.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Jumping on/off train/car

Post by ssilk »

Well, I thought from the view, when you have modular armor, you don't just die from jumping on or off the train. It is just a quite annoying, that the train stops and your protection is emptied.
But I understand, that this is not the view, that the most have... :)

So, from that view:
- I stand on the tracks, press Enter and when the train comes I enter the loco. I know this from playing Battlefield... Gives a bit of thrill and is just fun. :)
- I'm in the train and want to leave: I'll be placed besides the train, far enough away not to collide with the train. Same is already valid for car.
- I "run/roll out" and then stand. I mean: At full speed I need some tiles to reduce my speed to zero (or into the direction I want).
- I can be hurt, when jumping off in this situations:
--- If the speed is too high - I think about 2 times faster then I can run. Well, then it can hurt a lot. But not because I collide with the train, just because I stumble over my feet. The train/car continues.
--- When I collide with something while "running out". A pole or a tree is in the way. I have only minimal control to avoid collision in this "roll out time". I'm not sure, if it should hit also the the object or only the character.
- Optional useful is to choose the side of train (not direction) when leaving.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”