Highlight connected pipes on mouse over (and perhaps belts)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Highlight connected pipes on mouse over (and perhaps belts)

Post by FalcoGer »

When mousing over an item that is connected by the circuit wire, the wires on the circuit are highlighted.
I wish for a similar system with pipes, so you can at a glance see which pipes are connected to each other in your messy steel jungle. I was thinking about a yellow outline, although perhaps have a gradient or color cycle will help in spotting how far a connection between two pieces of pipes is.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Highlight connected pipes on mouse over (and perhaps belts)

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I thought this was already the case. Do you have alt-view on? I was pretty sure that it showed connections when alt-view was on. Might only be when building tho, not sure.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Would also be useful if the highlighting occurred when placing new entities. If the highlighting occurred as if the new entity already existed and you were mouse overing it then you could see if you were connecting your water line to your oil line.

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

Ranakastrasz wrote:I thought this was already the case. Do you have alt-view on? I was pretty sure that it showed connections when alt-view was on. Might only be when building tho, not sure.
What I mean is different from the underground stuff. It'll highlight a stretch of the belt/pipe's path for, say 15 tiles from the point of the cursor in all directions. For example when you build your oil factory without hooking it up, it can be difficult to follow the pipes, find broken links or accidental merges. with this you could find such issues.
Not sure what you mean with alt view. alt view shows connections into buildings, inserter arrows, pump directions and such. that's a different thing entirely.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”