Fluid Handling: Push / Flush Different Fluids Possible?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Blaster
Inserter
Inserter

Fluid Handling: Push / Flush Different Fluids Possible?

Post by Blaster »

Okay, so, I was connecting water pipes when I accidentally connected lubricant instead. So I put a tank at the end to collect the lube, and then I pumped into the tank, and ran around a lot trying to get that 0.0 lube out of a few straggling pipes, including tearing up completely and rebuilding several times only to find the magic 0.0 fluid reappears, when I got this idea.

What if you could add a little to the fluid logic, where if a pipe system has different fluids, the fluid with the higher level pushes the lower level fluid down the pipe until it either runs out of room (1 pipe/tank left) or the level matches the other fluid?

It sounds simple to add the logic, and it does two things: greatly reduces the very difficult removal of contamination, and adds the possibility of very cool multifluid pipe systems using circuit networks.

So, what do you think? I could draw pics to explain it better? Already doing this for 0.15? LMK

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fluid Handling: Push / Flush Different Fluids Possible?

Post by ssilk »

I think I currently have similar problems: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=36976&start=360#p251112
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”