new goal / spaceship

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Darkreaver1980
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

new goal / spaceship

Post by Darkreaver1980 »

I dont know if something similar is already planned, i only have played the free mode with random map.

I would like to see some challenge / game mode which is very similar to the "new game" option, just that you have the goal to escape from the planet by building a space ship which needs alot of resources/parts.

This would be realy cool...you crash on a alien planet, need to survive, gather resources to build a factory which will manufacture your space ship to escape alive. I think it would fit perfectly for factorio, it all comes pretty well together :)

HellEye
Inserter
Inserter

Re: new goal / spaceship

Post by HellEye »

Well, there's actually topic now about it. But i totally agree with it. Maybe you won't need to change game mode before starting game, but you can have two diferent researches, the same prize, but one (current) need rocket speed 5 and other rocket damage 5. That second one will be space travel technology. And of course to make it don't use copper but iron, maybe some fuel. And to balance both you need computer that you make with copper to bring on spaceship and some iron domes to make living place for people who land on planet. But you know, it's alpha, we can only suggest it and maybe after 3-4 months it will be in the game.

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

What a familiar idea... oh wait! :D

I think everyone have forgoten about this very old suggestion, such similar to the new planned endgame content.

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ofca »

Uh oh. Someone accidentally discovered the whole point of factorio ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You don't even have to come to the forums, just check the news posts on the main site page. for the past month or so the news updates have included news of the new space ship and space station side of things. Some other things too, like Multiplayer fine tuning, Optimisations, and Steam intergration, but when it comes to new content, pretty much alll the hype is about the new space phase.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”