Bosses! (appear, when you enter new area)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ModHon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bosses! (appear, when you enter new area)

Post by ModHon »

I really am enjoying Factorio and I don't want to suggest the game should be anything other than it is, mods in time will probably add a vast number of different gameplay experiences...

However one thing I have felt whilst playing is a real lack of threat or challenge from our only adversary the Biters... in a crude comparison to another 'mining' platform... Terraria you meet bosses along your exploration.

Hence in Factorio by entering new areas of the map (so your choice whether to engage or not) or by researching a certain technology or pollution level causes a trigger...

i.e. once pollution has reached a certain stage a message could be appear "pollutant from our iron mining activities has disturbed a *something* biter, we should prepare ourselves" a timer may acknowledge how long we have until the attack... these bosses may attack specific things too... i.e. the biter irate at our iron mining may only attack our iron mines/smelting...

These bosses once defeated may provide a significant reward or access to resources.... i.e. a mutated powerful boss biter may be guarding uranium on a certain part of the map.
Last edited by ssilk on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic to fit subject better

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bosses!

Post by evildogbot100 »

I never see this idea before, awesome idea though.

fugger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fugger »

Especially the last thing you proposed I really like. It would force you to explore the map.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I just had the crazy idea of a "Queen" biter, who's weapon is a unit spawner, she basically spits big biters at you.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

Sounds a lot like what happens when biters create a nest just outside turret range and drain ammo/power with their respawns, except much more deliberate.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bosses! (appear, when you enter new area)

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=139 Enemy Variations / Enemy Variety / New Enemies / Boss

and changed title, cause it was too self-explaining. :mrgreen:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”