Increasing - Decreasing Indicator also for Power

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Agomy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Increasing - Decreasing Indicator also for Power

Post by Agomy »

Hello everyone,

i am kinda new to this forum but i am already playing the game for some time. (150Hours+)
I was already searching for it but could not find anything so here is my idea:

An indicator system for the logistic system chests. Items inside the Logistic system should have, for example, a green arrow up if the item tends to increase or a red arrow down if it tends to decrease. This way it would be much easier to see if it would be a good idea to produce/stack more of it or not.
Maybe something like this:

Something similar would be helpful for the power. I think its kinda confusing. So if your power production is not enough to handle the power consumption it would be nice to have some kind of indicator. Like turning the lines Red.
For example:

One last small thing, not too bad, but is there a way to let the night vision turn the sight like daylight instead of being green? To me it is kinda annoying if it is getting dark and everything turns green. Placing lights all over the place results in driving into it with the car all the time.

Thats it for now folks.
regards Agomy
Last edited by Agomy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username: Agomy
Membership: Mining Drill Operator
Logged hours in Steam: 300+
Hours in total: 1000+

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Increasing - Decreasing Indicator also for Power

Post by jorgenRe »

That could be useful at some points, but it would be easy to see if you need to produce more when you are very low on elec circuits by the amount of it left, so i dont really find it very useful for the devs to spend their time on ;)
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I think this is the reason why we have the production charts you can view by pressing P and the energy chart you can see by clicking a power pole. It would be nice if something like this was added, but the devs will probably be busy with more important things for quite a time.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

This would be usefull but maybe a bit laggy. And at the moment I can't realy see the whole list.

Agomy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Agomy »

yes you can see that in the production overview (P) but that shows only what is literally produced and what is consumed. But if a transport belt is full and the production stops, the number of produced items decreases even though the items in stock keeps increasing.
Username: Agomy
Membership: Mining Drill Operator
Logged hours in Steam: 300+
Hours in total: 1000+

EDI
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EDI »

I doubt that it would cause too much lag... Not being able to see the whole list is rather an issue, but as far as I know, this is being worked on already. :)
You can view the contents of the chests without noticable lag, the only difference with the arrows would be, that a past state needs to be saved, and compared to the current state (and these are already saved... to some degree - after all, you have the production graphs, and that's a lot of datapoints being recorded). The CPU drain for a few subtractions in order to show the arrows should be almost neglegible.

In general, I'd say the feature would be nice to have, even if I didn't miss this functionality up to now.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”