Remove need for crafting (red/green) wires

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Remove need for crafting (red/green) wires

Post by ssilk »

When building up (red/green) wires, it is nasty, that once you build it wrong, the wrong wire cannot be removed anymore. You need to destroy the whole pole. That makes it easier from gameplay, but there are situations, where I need to make wires on my own and that crafting of the wires is from gameplay aspect very questionable.

So I whish I could pull a wire just out of the base of a pole and drag it anywhere. Like the cable of a vacuum cleaner. If I remove the pole, the cables are "zipped" into the pole. Like now, up to 3 cables are possible per pole.

For the red/green wires it might work so:
Instead of building red/green wires you can update the pole to have red/green wires included. That makes those poles also a bit more visible (Perhaps they have some light on top?).
Now automatically red and green wires are connected to other poles, which are also updated poles. Like with normal wires, all wires are removed (zipped in), if shift-click and then you can just drag all three wires to the poles you want and are in reach.

For connecting chest/inserters: A new gui pops up and asks you which chests/inserter should be conneted with which color.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

saykhia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Remove need for crafting (red/green) wires

Post by saykhia »

My suggestions for connecting wires to chests/inserters:

1. Click pole. GUI pop-up provides option for either green wire or red wire connection. Perhaps this option only for poles which already have green/red wire enabled/connected.
2. Range radius of pole pops up, highlighting items (chests/inserters) which can be connected by wires to that pole.
3. User can simply select items wish to be connected. Maybe also an option to "connect to all items within radius".

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JackGruff »

I agree.

I also don't know why the wires cannot cross pole types.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

ssilk wrote: Now automatically red and green wires are connected to other poles, which are also updated poles. Like with normal wires, all wires are removed (zipped in), if shift-click and then you can just drag all three wires to the poles you want and are in reach.
Any idea how to NOT kill the ability to manage circuit and power networks separately?
I remember suggesting something similar to this before, back in the early days.
And it turned out there are some who would not like loosing ability to do
(pole)-green_only-(pole)-power+green-(pole)-power_only-(pole)
Reference: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 1996#p2176
Provided that the situation hasn't changed.. Ugh.. through the 15 months it has been already.

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JackGruff »

Do you guys think things would be too easy if we had a arbitrary number of wireless channels for the circuit network? You could then choose which a smart chest (or logistic) is part of and set conditions for smart inserters as if they were on the same wire. It would be similar to how smart inserters are wireless connected to the logistic network.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”