Wide Chest

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cadetlink
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Wide Chest

Post by Cadetlink »

I might be the only one with this problem. have you ever had it where you have to create a line of inserters that puts large quantity of (X) into them? you have to have a line of these just to keep the conveyor belt from plugging up, and move the chest's inventory to a different spot, with either bots or (lord forbid) move them manually? this soon becomes quite a large hassle for me, especially early on, when you have way too many plates to handle, and none of the tech to handle it with. my solution? Wide Chests. they can be crafted using any of the chest materials, but you select the size of the chest (like with the underground pipes/conveyor belts) and place it. you can then have multiple inserters taking from and placing into it. the best part? three bots can pick these things up, and place it elsewhere. this may not seem like something super important *cough* BRIDGES! *cough* but it is definitely something that is important to early-game players.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Wide Chest

Post by Garm »

wrap the belt around the chest = 4 inserters per chest.

Edit: or place chests 1 tile apart then use inserters to move all items into single chest.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I must say I can't see why this would be super useful, but someone on the Show Your Creations forum showed he uses cargo wagons as boxes with up to 6 inserters on each side. A bit hackish, but I guess it works for now...

edit: Here is the post I was talking about: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =20#p27884

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

sillyfly wrote:I must say I can't see why this would be super useful, but someone on the Show Your Creations forum showed he uses cargo wagons as boxes with up to 6 inserters on each side. A bit hackish, but I guess it works for now...

edit: Here is the post I was talking about: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =20#p27884

He is talking about early game however. by the time trains are around there are fast inserters and roboports already.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”