ideas for testing

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gh0stm4n4
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

ideas for testing

Post by Gh0stm4n4 »

we all get to a point where we wish we could test if something could work without using reasurces right?
personally im not that good a setting up my factories so i will want to try and find more effecient ways of doing this, but every time i either waste rescorces or spend a week constructing things to find a very simple loop hole.
so i had a idea what if there was a "test" area that worked kind of like the map editor but played while you set it up and had "reasorce outputs" that auto output reasources so you could test how your factory or idea works?
i personally think this would be a great idea. maybe if enough people agree the devs. will consider it?
anyways id like to see others openions on this idea and their ideas to this, that is all.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: ideas for testing

Post by daniel34 »

Moved topic to Ideas and Suggestions.

There's a mod that does this and a lot more: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mooncat/creative-mode (longer description here)
By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Gh0stm4n4
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gh0stm4n4 »

i hadn't thought about mods before, but thanks for bringing these to my attention

Ragnaman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ragnaman »

You can start a custom game in sandbox mode that gives you infinite resources and items to place.
There you can test various combinations.
|
| Mods: Greenhouse with modules
| Hobby artist (CAD) | Hobby coder | Lead Software Engineer | Employed
|

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”