New UI for finding my recent multiplayer games

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

New UI for finding my recent multiplayer games

Post by Mooncat »

Suggestion: a page for showing the multiplayer games that I have played and are still existing.

Recently, I am playing some multiplayer games. They are fun. Some of them are co-op, some of them are PVP, and some of them allow solo game in a multiplayer environment. And there, I know the term "soft-mod" (mod integrated in the form of scenario). But as a cat, I have to sleep. When I sleep, I have to turn off my computer. Thus, I have to log out. It is very sad.

The problem is, in the next day, I have to search through the whole long list of available games in order to find the one that I have participated. This becomes more troublesome when I forgot the game name.

So, here comes my idea: have a new page, or new tab in the lobby of multiplayer games, to show the recent games that I have joined and are still existing. This way, people can go back to their multiplayer factories easily.

If server has been reset, thus the game does not exist anymore, the entry will be removed even if the server is the same.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New UI for finding my recent multiplayer games

Post by ssilk »

Not 100% correct, but added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32968
Collection of Of Ideas around Multiplayer: Lobby-Features, Joining, Mod&Game-Loading, ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

ssilk wrote:Not 100% correct, but added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32968
Collection of Of Ideas around Multiplayer: Lobby-Features, Joining, Mod&Game-Loading, ...
Thanks. :D

jokerwing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jokerwing »

@mooncat this is a great write up of the problem (having to sleep)

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I don't know how many people are aware of this since I found out only by accident: When you browse multiplayer games you can click on the gear wheel in the first column and that server will stick to the top of the list. Not exactly what your are asking for since you have to mark it before you join the server (or you again have the problem of finding the server), but could be a workaround for now.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”