Add ability to blueprint trains

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Add ability to blueprint trains

Post by bobucles »

One of the few things that Factorio can't automate is placing vehicles. It'd be great to have something that can place locomotives and maybe even apply a few preset train routes using the circuit network.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

bobucles wrote:One of the few things that Factorio can't automate is placing vehicles. It'd be great to have something that can place locomotives and maybe even apply a few preset train routes using the circuit network.
Yeah, that's one of the biggest things that Factorio's missing. Also recursive automation (in vanilla).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Although I like the idea of being able to automate the creation of trains, I don't like the idea of using construction drones for this. I find the idea of being able to automatically couple and decouple individual train carriages much more appealing, as has been implemented by this mod.

However, that mod does not allow creating a new train from nothing, only from individual carriages/locomotives that are already on a rail. In order to create a new train from nothing, a new entity would have to be introduced into the game, that places individual locomotives/carriages from a chest/belt onto the rail.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

factoriouzr wrote:As I said in the original post, the blueprinting would include the train settings. It should include all train settings, schedule, cargo wagon filters, colour, grid contents etc. This is a much needed feature as setting up trains over and over is very time consuming and tedious. It's also easy to make a mistake.
This mod should be a pretty close fit for your needs: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/train-scaling

Hive
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hive »

seams like we have a working mod!

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/blueprint-train

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”