Builder Bots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hidrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Builder Bots

Post by Hidrog »

This is very minor. Could you make builder robots always go back to the same roboport they left from? I have multiple roboports in my base for the logistics network. However, builder bots tend to dock at the roboport closest to my newly built area. I try to have an equal number of bots in each port, but they don't stay that way. Thank you.

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Builder Bots

Post by <NO_NAME> »

Robots also tends to gather around defense systems that often require repair. Your change could be a disadvantage for at least some play styles, because you would have to place robots manually in specific roboports to ensure quick reaction to damages.
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

Hidrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hidrog »

<NO_NAME> wrote:Robots also tends to gather around defense systems that often require repair. Your change could be a disadvantage for at least some play styles, because you would have to place robots manually in specific roboports to ensure quick reaction to damages.
This is a genuine concern, however, if the system stays the same, all builder bots in a large system will tend to one or two roboports in the middle of the action (as builds on the fringes of their initial roboports pull them closer and closer to the center) having all the builder bots. I think making sure to add a surplus of bots in roboports around hotspots would be worth it. Or maybe they could add a link, similar to the way the logistics system works. That way, even at a level at which you have very few builder bots, all of them will come help repair or rebuild defenses, if slower than now. Either way, having the bots limited like that is very annoying.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Several suggestions, different solutions.
Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093 Roboport/Logistic Network/Robot enhancements
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

That would be a nice feature- having roboports request that they always have at least a certain number of bots in their inventory.

Like so the bots would automatically redistribute as needed to keep the desired population in each roboport while still allowing flexible assignments

This might be as simple to implement as adding requester chest functionality to the roboport UI and restricting it to only request the two bot types.
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”