Gate / wall and Logistics system

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Albrat
Inserter
Inserter

Gate / wall and Logistics system

Post by Albrat »

I would like to suggest adding the Gate state to the logistics system, so that we can read if a gate has been triggered open / closed.

My reason for asking for this is so that we could setup a Train network that has gates at the side where players cross. Essentially we put a signal in that reads the state of the crossing gate. If it has been triggered then the signal goes to red, slowing / stopping any trains that could cross the crossing.

I have been thinking up other ways to do the same kind of thing, but logic / gate interaction would be a good improovement and addition to the logistics system. (I can think of a few other good uses for these gates and reading states. eg. a train in a station could trigger a light to divert other trains to a holding siding etc.)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Gate / wall and Logistics system

Post by Optera »

Gates can already send their state and be locked by signals.

If you are asking for gate protected crossings, here's a whole thread dedicated to those.
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=27952
train in a station could trigger a light to divert other trains to a holding siding etc.
Either use chain signals or connect the station's block signal output as trigger for the stacker signals.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31996

Albrat
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Gate / wall and Logistics system

Post by Albrat »

Oh... I had been playing with the idea. Trying to add the connections. I had not been able to get the logistics to connect. Just tried again and managed to connect to the side of the gate.

The connection area could do with extending to the entire length of the gate. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”