(Noobish-ly Long) Redstone-like Factory Control System

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

(Noobish-ly Long) Redstone-like Factory Control System

Post by MalContentFL »

In Minecraft, there is redstone, which can toggle machinery and make things move. In Factorio, triggers could be added (Pressure Plates, Buttons, and Sensors). When a Pressure Plate is pressed, a button pushed, or a sensor is triggered, then it would emit a frequency set when placing them. The triggers have to be within the range of power poles, but do not require electricity. A Trigger Upgrade can be put in machines (or something of the sort) that can have a frequency set. When it is triggered, it has the option to turn on or off depending upon the settings set previously in the card.

Pressure Plates could be used for Car Gates, placed on Train Track, and used as a biter alarm. An alarm could be crafted which makes noise when its frequency is triggered. A gate could be crafted and it removes and replaces wall when triggered, making a garage for cars or easy ways to get in and out of a compound easier. A Sensor can do numerous things. Detect Enemy Movement when near a radar, detect the amount of resources in a Red/Green Logistics System, etc. The Resource Trigger is connected to a Red/Green Logistics System and when there is certain amount, less than, or greater than, then emit frequency. Inside Smart Chests and Smart Inserters, their Red.Green Detector is removed and replaced with a frequency changer. When it get # frequency, it moves certain # of items, stops moving things, or starts moving things.

That was quite lengthy but it got the big idea across.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: (Noobish-ly Long) Redstone-like Factory Control System

Post by Garm »

This is arlready planned, please refer to roadmap or use search.

Seriously guys....

Isntprepared
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Isntprepared »

@Garm -- I see that they plan to improve circuit logic, but I think the above idea was a little more specific than that, extending to the idea of "physical" circuits, rather than just logic circuits (if # of items > X, turn on).

If they've said that they'll do that, I didn't see it in the roadmap thread, and perhaps need glasses :lol:

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sciencemile »

I think it was implied with the circuitry thing, and I think it's like, on the top of their to-do list, like probably next 0.xx.00 update.

Physical switches would definitely happen. Railway Line Switching is just too good to pass up.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”