Pull Construction needs from roboports

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Pull Construction needs from roboports

Post by MadZuri »

I think it would be incredibly useful to output construction needs (including missing modules, destroyed buildings, ghosted building missing repair parts, etc.) as one of the signals generated when you connect a wire to a roboport. Currently, you can extract bot counts and logistic supplies, but not construction requests or request deficits.

Now that I think of it, giving an output for total unfilled requests would also be incredibly useful, but that has been requested elsewhere (kind of, there's been requests for "in-route" logistic amounts).

Being able to pull construction data would greatly increase the automation of segregated bot systems and outpost building.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pull Construction needs from roboports

Post by steinio »

Well I just insert more bots to the network if available bots are less then one.

If all bots are working you have sufficient or to few.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Pull Construction needs from roboports

Post by MadZuri »

I'm not talking about insufficient bots, I'm wanting to be able to set as wired values objects missing for construction for each network. Currently, you have to mouse-over the alert in the bottom of the screen to get that (global) data, and manually move things around if it is in an isolated network, or head out there yourself. This is something I wish to automate.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”