Low Ammo Notification

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Low Ammo Notification

Post by chris13524 »

Currently, gun turrets only show the error symbol when they are out of ammo, it would be nice if there was a similar symbol (maybe yellow instead) to indicate that it's low on ammo.

Not sure, but maybe if a similar feature would be implemented for player guns, grenades, etc.?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Low Ammo Notification

Post by ssilk »

What is "low on ammo?" Please define that more exactly, cause for me it is when there is one magazine left, for others it's maybe 10. It depends also on the stage you currently are. It depends on how often a gun turret is attacked. It depends on, what type of biters are attacking etc.

The same is with the second point. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

ssilk wrote:What is "low on ammo?" Please define that more exactly, cause for me it is when there is one magazine left, for others it's maybe 10. It depends also on the stage you currently are. It depends on how often a gun turret is attacked. It depends on, what type of biters are attacking etc.

The same is with the second point. :)
Yes, this could be an issue to pick the exact value. I was thinking 5 would be a good number. Maybe this value could change depending on how active the turret is? If it gets attacks more regularly, it would increase the alert level.

Obviously, it's not an ideal solution, but I'd be something to think about at least.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Not half as complex. Just define an arbitrary number below 50%. 1/3rd would be a good compromise. It means "slowly coming to an end" - and seriously, this normally means either I am in the field (and dropping turrest) - or my feed mechanism is not working/ammy supply chest is empty.

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

TheTom wrote:Not half as complex. Just define an arbitrary number below 50%. 1/3rd would be a good compromise. It means "slowly coming to an end" - and seriously, this normally means either I am in the field (and dropping turrest) - or my feed mechanism is not working/ammy supply chest is empty.
I think the issue would be during the beginning of the game, can you really have 33 clips in each turret to suppress the warning? (I think they stack to 100)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

10 is the number of magazines, that are loaded by default, when you load it with inserters. 1/3 is then 3 (or 4) magazines.
Well. I cannot speak for others, but in the early game my turrets would be always alert with that setting.

That's the reason why I think this is not so easy: Cause everyone plays it different.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

ssilk wrote:10 is the number of magazines, that are loaded by default, when you load it with inserters. 1/3 is then 3 (or 4) magazines.
Well. I cannot speak for others, but in the early game my turrets would be always alert with that setting.

That's the reason why I think this is not so easy: Cause everyone plays it different.
This is why I think 5 would be a good number, it will not happen when auto-loaded, and I usually have more than 5/turret when just starting out. They get used up fast anyways.

electricmonk2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by electricmonk2k »

I'd suggest 2 as the magic number. 1 is the lowest amount of ammo required to keep the turret functional, and 2 is twice 1.

Factoruser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factoruser »

Good idea, below 5 magazines are optimal. - The warnings should be shown on the overview map too.

Grimtongue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Grimtongue »

I would think it's better to just use combinators. You could connect a lamp to the circuit network and have it turn red when the ammo is low and green when it's full.

I think it's best to just give gun turrets a constant supply of ammo using belts or trains. You never want to be low on ammo, and it's so cheap there's no reason to run out.

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

Grimtongue wrote:I would think it's better to just use combinators. You could connect a lamp to the circuit network and have it turn red when the ammo is low and green when it's full.

I think it's best to just give gun turrets a constant supply of ammo using belts or trains. You never want to be low on ammo, and it's so cheap there's no reason to run out.
This is more of an early game type thing. Combinators and/or constant supply is not available at this point.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”