Factorio for smart phones/tablets? Mobile? Sync sav

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

yong zhong
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio for smart phones/tablets? Mobile? Sync sav

Post by yong zhong »

Okay, so I'm just wondering whether factorio could be developed for smart phones and stuff like that? I know the game is only in alpha but maybe there could be a mobile development team to make the game mobile. I think this game might be quite simple to make for mobile considering the fact of the controls being quite touch screen friendly (dragging, pinch to zoom, maybe a joystick to control where you shoot) and also it would be quite cool to have this as a mobile game since it's fantastic as a game!

Trucario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio for smart phones/tablets?

Post by Trucario »

yong zhong wrote:Okay, so I'm just wondering whether factorio could be developed for smart phones and stuff like that? I know the game is only in alpha but maybe there could be a mobile development team to make the game mobile. I think this game might be quite simple to make for mobile considering the fact of the controls being quite touch screen friendly (dragging, pinch to zoom, maybe a joystick to control where you shoot) and also it would be quite cool to have this as a mobile game since it's fantastic as a game!

The game is actually a CPU/GPU eater... I think that is a little bit complicated...

Linkjax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Linkjax »

I would personally love for that to happen. Eventually of course. It is certainly a CPU/GPU eater at the moment, and a lot of optimization will no doubt be required, but as far as priorities go, making the full game first would take precedence. Minecraft is a good example of this.
"Linkjax: Builds extensively complex systems of automation in mind-blowing ways......and then destroys a dozen cars by driving them into trees by accident." -Yoshinom

"I hate trees..." -Linkjax

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

This might happen but not before 1.0. We focus on PC for now.

17waldth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mobile, save sync

Post by 17waldth »

I just wanted to shoot my quick idea I though of. I thought it would be cool if you could sync a world with your account. A mobile version of Facorio would be EPIC. Combined with the snyc, while away from home you could work on your factory and when you get back it will be the same as on the mobile version. Hope something like this could happen.

kurzonmorris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio for smart phones/tablets? Mobile? Sync sav

Post by kurzonmorris »

For those of us who use touch screen devices i have finaly worked out how to play factorio with no keyboard and mouse.

a steam program called gesture works. it took some fiddling with settings in game but now works like a treat. i'll do a how to post soon but first i want to perfect the interface and get the VC submitted.

in the mean time if you cant work it out for yourself give me a shout and i'll point u in right dirrection

ManselD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ManselD »

As a programmer myself I'm very much doubting this happening (unless the game was made in Unity - It wasn't...)
Because of all the code that would need to be ported over...

sutech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sutech »

I have only one thing to say in this topic :D
Relationship: In love with FactoriO :P :D

maciekish
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by maciekish »

ManselD wrote:
Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 pm
As a programmer myself I'm very much doubting this happening (unless the game was made in Unity - It wasn't...)
The engine (Allegro[liballeg.org]) is already cross-platform with iOS/Android support and the rest of the game is made in c++ which is also supported on iOS. Surely it would still require lots of work but the groundwork is kind of already there.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

maciekish wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 pm
ManselD wrote:
Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 pm
The engine (Allegro[liballeg.org]) is already cross-platform with iOS/Android support and the rest of the game is made in c++ which is also supported on iOS. Surely it would still require lots of work but the groundwork is kind of already there.
The engine is all our code. All allegro does is play sound at this point.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”