craft this next mod?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

craft this next mod?

Post by Philip017 »

i have looked over several mods, perhaps i am missing it,

but i sometimes have a very long que of things i want to craft

and find myself wanting to pause that for a second and make this next,

usually i have to cancel all my que, make my item and then restart the que

is there any mod that can do this?

thanks in advance.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: craft this next mod?

Post by Adil »

There's quite a few mods for handcrafting. Like handyhands or something. Don't they fit you?
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=10222 Improvement of crafting queue
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i tried handyhands, but it adds things to the que, but does not pause current item or insert into next item to craft,

if i want my item to craft next i have to cancel items that are already in the que to get it to craft next.

---

ok i have read lots of the links that silk provided and even though it has been suggested many times, i have no need for the if i don't have this many build more thingy, i usually automate items that need lots of,

my biggest example: when i need a my t3 speed, efficiency chips for my power armor crafting, they take ALONG time,
I usually make the t1 chips in a factory earlier as i need lots of those, but my first set of processors get donated to my power armor creation
since i only need 5 of each, but if i need something else real quick like my pick just broke and it was my last one, i don't need alot of those, just a few and it just gets annoying that i can't simply add something like that to craft next, and have MANY times canceled my que to get my 1 whatever i need now, that i don't need LOTS of item.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, I don't want to say how you should play it, but for me Factorio-crafting needs a bit thinking forward and you need to think in fast and slow paths and using the time, after you craft, when you are building stuff. I often find me in situations, when I don't craft anything. How could that be? A minute or so before I waited and waited and now my queue is empty? Just look, that your queue is never empty in the early stage of the game.

Examples:
- Crafting inserters takes really long, if you don't have wheels and circuits. But if you have enough, it takes just seconds.
- Better examples are recipes with advanced circuits. That takes forever, but if you have some in your inventory those recipes are just seconds in most cases. So instead of crafting advanced circuits yourself you should pick them up, like wheels, basic circuits, inserters, belts etc. Let your factory craft the things.
- If you craft pipes and then underground pipes, the previous crafted pipes are taken by crafting. Many suggestions around this, but the simple solition is: I craft first underground pipes, then pipes, so when I craft next time underground pipes I already have pipes.
- More or less identical trick: I craft something, lets say belts. That uses the wheels up. So because of that I add when I craft belts also wheels (after the belts). So the trick is: If you use up intermediates then add them to your queue afterwards and make sure you have enough raw material with you.
- And so on. Thinking forward is the key: What do you need next? What do you need, before you make the next big step? Examples: Oh, I have only one pickaxe, I put it onto the queue. Oh, I have too less inserters and the inserter production lacks iron, so (logically) I need to increase iron-flow to the inserter production, before I build anything else.

There are really meany things you can do as player before you come to the situation, where you really need a better crafting queue. :)
But there are of course such situations, that's the reason, why the suggestion is moved to frequently suggested...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

thanks for your suggestions silk

i have played now about 6 games all the way through, and over 600 hours, i am now modding my game to suite my play style and to try new things, i thought someone might have made a mod that would do this one thing.

i don't usually have anything in my que that long as i automate virtually everything, but when i first start with somethings i craft them manually, and frequently find i need 1 something inbetween and thought i can't be the only one wanting something like this, i am glad that i am not alone with this, but as i lack the skills to make a mod, i was hopeing that someone else would have made one.

thank you again - here is to hoping someone who has the skills to make this mod is willing! :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”