Dropping Items / Recycler

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

monkeystyxx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Dropping Items / Recycler

Post by monkeystyxx »

It's entirely possible that I'm missing something, but dropping things on the ground doesn't seem possible? It seems the only way to get things out of your inventory is to put them into chests or directly into furnaces/assemblers/etc. It'd be nice if you could drop things (maybe using F with something in your hand, or ctrl+click with something in your hand). I usually find myself running along a belt to pick up some - for example - coal, ending up with way too much, then having to find a furnace to dump it all in to get it out of my inventory. Would be nice if I could just drop it back onto the belt.

Secondly (again, it might be in a tech tree somewhere that I haven't seen yet...) it'd be cool if there was a Recycler building that accepted anything as in input, and outputted the component parts of the object (minus a certain, possibly random, percentage). For instance, recycling a steam engine might output 3 pipes, 4 plates and a gear, etc. Recycling a gear would give you a plate, yadda yadda.
The reason for this being that as you get better tech, you end up just replacing the old tech and having it kicking around in a chest/your inventory. Some things are used later to upgrade other things (for instance, basic inserters are used to made red research), but other things aren't (burner inserters, for one example. Haven't encountered anything that uses them), so they become obsolete and useless once you've replaced them and from what I can tell there's no way to get rid of them.

Fisherman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Dropping Items / Recycler

Post by Fisherman »

Шooden chest and SMG.
Biters are so cute ^_^

Sorry for my poor English. I'm from Bearland.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Dropping Items / Recycler

Post by Drury »

Z key by default.

You might want to look into options>controls for other useful keys.

And as comrade said, you can eliminate useless items by putting them inside a container and destroying said container afterwards using firearms/explosives.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”