Mine while holding blueprint

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Radioactive Pretzels
Inserter
Inserter

Mine while holding blueprint

Post by Radioactive Pretzels »

If you're holding an item like a factory and there's a tree or structure in the way, you can right click (while still holding the factory) and if you're close enough you'll mine/chop/collect the offending obstacle. This is very convenient.

I would like the same behavior when I'm holding a blueprint. This is different than the existing shift-placing which does mark trees for deletion, and removes other collisions from the blueprint ghosts (not the offending existing structure)

The main ease-of-use hassle is I have a big blueprint I'm ready to stamp down, but there's one lone power pole or trivial pipe in the way. I have to DESELECT the blueprint, mine the power pole, then find and align the blueprint again.. a usability hassle. Re-finding the blueprint in my inventory is the real annoyance.

An interesting alternative would to allow something like CONTROL-clicking a blueprint to ultra-force-place it. This mode, unlike shift-place, would mark ALL collision objects for deletion, including structures. That has bonus uses like a way to upgrade lengths of yellow belt to blue by using a blueprint.

In fact both features are useful. Right click to manually mine a structure you're personally near, control-click to ultra-force-place.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mine while holding blueprint

Post by Zeblote »

Radioactive Pretzels wrote:An interesting alternative would to allow something like CONTROL-clicking a blueprint to ultra-force-place it. This mode, unlike shift-place, would mark ALL collision objects for deletion, including structures. That has bonus uses like a way to upgrade lengths of yellow belt to blue by using a blueprint.
I would really like that too :D

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Thumbs up :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682 Planning (Signs, Cloning, Ghosts, Blueprinting and more...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kpreid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kpreid »

+1 to both being able to mine while holding a blueprint. This annoys me all the time.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”