13.X Ignore PingPong command

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

13.X Ignore PingPong command

Post by Killavirus »

Hi there,

Although you have done great work with the multiplayer and getting people behind nat's who don't know how to port forward working, the server browser has issues connecting to multiple servers on the same IP. Please can we have an option to disable ping-pong and just specify the correct details and do our own port forwarding and send that info to the Server Browser.

Many Thanks
Addiction Thy Name be Factorio, FACTORIO IS NOT A LIE.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 13.X Ignore PingPong command

Post by Klonan »

Killavirus wrote:Hi there,

Although you have done great work with the multiplayer and getting people behind nat's who don't know how to port forward working, the server browser has issues connecting to multiple servers on the same IP. Please can we have an option to disable ping-pong and just specify the correct details and do our own port forwarding and send that info to the Server Browser.

Many Thanks

You can still connect directly to an IP address

Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 13.X Ignore PingPong command

Post by Killavirus »

Many thanks for the extremely fast reply !!!

Yes you are quite right direct IP still works (I need to do this to connect to my dedicated as it is internal to my network the server browser does not function any longer).
But I have noticed that I get quite a few errors in regards to the pingpong servers, on the headless client.
This is also reflected when trying to run two servers off one IP address, in the server browser it lists two servers but both route back to the first instance as both instances find a server running on the first port they check.

If we could define more criteria for the serverbrowser in the server config file (as and when needed), this would ease allow easier use of non default ports on the same IP.

But then again your re-building the mulitplayer (my wishes for a easy road for you) so not sure if this really will be relevant for much longer?
Addiction Thy Name be Factorio, FACTORIO IS NOT A LIE.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”