[0.13.9] Enable landfill ghost again

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

saturn7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.13.9] Enable landfill ghost again

Post by saturn7 »

Sadly, since 0.13.9 landfill ghosts cannot be created, and neither can it be blueprinted (see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28827).

Please add this back, as I used this feature quite often.

I know that increasing the landfill placing area makes building large areas easier, but this also changes the area of concrete placement (which I need 2x2 for paths), and it's tedious to switch back and forth.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13.9] Enable landfill ghost again

Post by MeduSalem »

I agree. Doing it by hand now is really tedious. Even for small tasks like straightening some shoreline for Offshore Pumps.

But I guess that they removed it so that people can't do things like this as easily: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28906
Because it really makes defending your base trivial, apart from looking weird.

So maybe we should be discussing on how to avoid people from creating such easy-to-defend moats... before ghosting landfills gets re-enabled.

TheClaw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheClaw »

I would really like to see the landfill ghost again too! I personally use it for my rail system, I love it when the whole system is just straight lines:p but if I have to pave all the land myself its a lot of work and in my opinion the best part about factorio is that you can basically blueprint and automate everything.
So maybe we should be discussing on how to avoid people from creating such easy-to-defend moats... before ghosting landfills gets re-enabled.
Why would we discuss this? If people like to build moats what's the problem? I always start with as few aliens as possible because killing large bases is really a pain in the ass.

Please enable it again :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

No.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

hm. Could you please be more detailed, Rseding? For example: What where the reasons to cut it?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

ssilk wrote:hm. Could you please be more detailed, Rseding? For example: What where the reasons to cut it?

It was not intended, it was buggy and wasn't working well, and isn't integrated into the current tile correction logic

It might be re-enabled sometime in the future, but for now this will remain

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

MeduSalem wrote:But I guess that they removed it so that people can't do things like this as easily: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28906
Because it really makes defending your base trivial, apart from looking weird.
I don't understand how removing LF from blueprints makes island builds more difficult. All you need is plenty of stone, then making an island is just as easy as making your factory floor look pretty.
Afterwards you put the buildings on top of your new island (or sell it to Richard Branson).
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”