Item burner

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MindChanger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Item burner

Post by MindChanger »

It is currently really hard to get rid off unwanted items. Also there is no clear way of provoking alien attacks.
Item burner could burn every item. Needs fuel, if there is enough fuel then it puts in item slot fuel too (so wood-wood would work too).
It could give a lot of pollution that provokes aliens.

2 important use-cases: provoking alien attacks and getting rid of unwatned EQ.

Also option to get info about invetory of it could be really helpful.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Item burner

Post by ssilk »

added to the others in viewtopic.php?f=80&t=21278 Recycling/Disassembling of Waste / Scrap / Trash
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

MindChanger wrote:It is currently really hard to get rid off unwanted items.
Do you mean in really large quantities? In small quantities it's not too hard--I just plop down a chest, fill it up, and machinegun it. And I guess if you need to get rid of a really large quantity of stuff you could put down a requester chest for the items you want to get rid of, with four stack inserters unloading into four other chests. You would then gun down a chest as soon as you see its inserter stop moving, and the construction bots would immediately replace it. I'd imagine that would be efficient enough for all but the largest item-disposal jobs.
Last edited by Tinyboss on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MindChanger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MindChanger »

I mean big numbers of items. For example we can currently use robots to cut down trees. It would be helpfull to deliver that wood to be destroyed

Cabanur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cabanur »

MindChanger wrote:I mean big numbers of items. For example we can currently use robots to cut down trees. It would be helpfull to deliver that wood to be destroyed
Wood and wooden stuff (boxes, poles) can be used as fuel by trains, cars, burner inserters, and water heaters.

MindChanger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MindChanger »

Cabanur wrote:
MindChanger wrote:I mean big numbers of items. For example we can currently use robots to cut down trees. It would be helpfull to deliver that wood to be destroyed
Wood and wooden stuff (boxes, poles) can be used as fuel by trains, cars, burner inserters, and water heaters.
yes, but you have to run them to burn all this wood and it takes too long for huge amount of it.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”