Conveyor Belts should require energy to function

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JoonasD6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Conveyor Belts should require energy to function

Post by JoonasD6 »

"Hold on, this shouldn't be that easy..." is what I go through in my mind everytime I start a new game. From coal-burning drills to suddenly being able to build indefinitely long automatically moving belts without any power source breaks suspension of disbelief. I hereby suggest that belts shouldn't work unless hooked to electric power network. (Making them move without electricity could be interesting too... well, that would probably require a small steam or combustion engine.) I don't mean to greatly increase resources needed during the game or make everything even more crowded; just require an active power pole next to a conveyor belt to allow it to work. Then the beginning of the game is less jumpy (maybe a bit more challenging in some cases), but later on it wouldn't be an issue at all what with huge belt networks being close to poles pretty much unintentionally.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Conveyor Belts should require energy to function

Post by bobucles »

This is too big a hit to early game belts. But it would be a neat obstacle to get the higher speed belts going.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hehe... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21921 Poll: Should belts use energy (and Offshore Pumps etc...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

JoonasD6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JoonasD6 »

ssilk wrote:Hehe... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21921 Poll: Should belts use energy (and Offshore Pumps etc...)
I actually looked through the whole subforum of denied ideas and didn't anything about this (so I did my research!). Thanks. :D

JoonasD6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JoonasD6 »

bobucles wrote:This is too big a hit to early game belts. But it would be a neat obstacle to get the higher speed belts going.
Not really if the minimum requirement would be one single pole next to one belt.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”