More hardcore achievments? :)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Alakhai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

More hardcore achievments? :)

Post by Alakhai »

Hello :)

Can you please add more hardcore achievments? Something like launch 100 rockets or kill 10 milion aliens or at least 10k behemoths :) There is absolutely no achiev for kiling btw :/ Most achievs are for doing something and then start a new game, kinda boring. We need something for long play too :/ And for those pesky players who dont like this idea "No, just saying to myself i have to launch 100 rockets is not going to help hardcore players" so stay out of this

JoaoBernardino
Inserter
Inserter

Re: More hardcore achievments? :)

Post by JoaoBernardino »

I'm not sure what other achievements they might come up with, but I strongly support this more achievements request!!!

This is really an open ended game, about building and optimizations, like simcity - Forget about the rocket, they will never be able to come up with an idea interesting enough to "bring closure" to the awesome game they have!
Setting goals and different types of challenges is how you keep the community engaged. IMHO (and obviously the already existent MOD support and the amazing variety it brought!)

I probably have more than 500h of gameplay by now but I'm anxious for the achievements so that I can test myself against their limits!
Keep up the great work!
Nom Nom Nom

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

How about a statistics tab where you can look at some of the stuff that happened that game / lifetime? Factories put down, units produced, biters killed, ... I would wish for a bit more UI information at some point anyway :) But I guess something like that has to come closer to the end of development.

JoaoBernardino
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoaoBernardino »

GewaltSam wrote:How about a statistics tab where you can look at some of the stuff that happened that game / lifetime? Factories put down, units produced, biters killed, ... I would wish for a bit more UI information at some point anyway :) But I guess something like that has to come closer to the end of development.
Ohhh yes! I loved those things when I was a kid and played Simcity! Bring Stat and graphs!! :ugeek:
Nom Nom Nom

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

They've already stated there's a better version of stats coming in 0.13.

Slayer1557
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slayer1557 »

Achievements are hollow things. Make your own goals and reach for the stars. I don't need a popup to tell me I did something cool.

Tnarg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tnarg »

when 0.13 comes out I'm going to aim for this achievement:
"You completed the game while using the marathon Mod."

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Tnarg wrote:when 0.13 comes out I'm going to aim for this achievement:
Lol that is definitely a hard one. I've wanted to tryout Marathon for a while but it just seems so daunting. O.o

I do agree though that some really hardcore achievements would be cool.
Image Image Image

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

Xterminator wrote:
Tnarg wrote:when 0.13 comes out I'm going to aim for this achievement:
Lol that is definitely a hard one. I've wanted to tryout Marathon for a while but it just seems so daunting. O.o

I do agree though that some really hardcore achievements would be cool.
Do it! It's not too complicated, just a lot more complex, bigger and slower paced. Worth a try in any case.

Alakhai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New achievements

Post by Alakhai »

Hello, i wrote it ino general discussion, but no answer from devs :/

Can you add some killing achievements and some for long play? Like kill 10 milions aliens, launch 100 rockets, kill 10K hybrids or something worth playing? Kinda boring most those achievs now, who the hell wants play couple games over and over again for achievs, we want some for long play too :/

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New achievements

Post by brunzenstein »

Alakhai wrote:Hello, i wrote it ino general discussion, but no answer from devs :/

Can you add some killing achievements and some for long play? Like kill 10 milions aliens, launch 100 rockets, kill 10K hybrids or something worth playing? Kinda boring most those achievs now, who the hell wants play couple games over and over again for achievs, we want some for long play too :/
If that's your aim you missed the point in this game completely and are here definitely in the wrong theater.

Elsewhere where shooting, killing or rushing things are the overarching goal your certainly far better off.
Factorio is (thank god not that peaceful thought as a lot of fights can make you trouble) in general all about economization and perfecting automation. You can lose a lifetime with fiddling at combinator settings or perfecting production or train automatisation alone.
And a lot more of deep thinking too.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged both topics about the same subject : there is no point running two topics for exactly the same thing.
[Edit] and moved to Ideas and suggestions subforum.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Alakhai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: New achievements

Post by Alakhai »

brunzenstein wrote:
Alakhai wrote:Hello, i wrote it ino general discussion, but no answer from devs :/

If that's your aim you missed the point in this game completely and are here definitely in the wrong theater.

Elsewhere where shooting, killing or rushing things are the overarching goal your certainly far better off.
Factorio is (thank god not that peaceful thought as a lot of fights can make you trouble) in general all about economization and perfecting automation. You can lose a lifetime with fiddling at combinator settings or perfecting production or train automatisation alone.
And a lot more of deep thinking too.

Im pretty sure you missed the point of my topic here, i never asked you to give me "your point of the game", my point of the game lies not only in rocket launch, but most certainly in biggest enemy base settings and run wild in killing them. Its so bad to ask for some achievs for killing ? its part of the game, otherwise there is no need for aliens in the game

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

kovarex posted about achievements a while ago. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13425 Might be the place to suggest? More Merging maybe? :D
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”