Steam achivements for colorblind

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Steam achivements for colorblind

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Please, if that's possible, leave texture modpacks eligible for steam achievements! :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Steam achivements for colorblind

Post by bobingabout »

As it stands right now, I don't think the game can distinguish between a purely cosmetic mod, and a mod, if data.lua exists, it assumes it is a full mod, even if the only things it changes is animations.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

bobingabout wrote:As it stands right now, I don't think the game can distinguish between a purely cosmetic mod, and a mod, if data.lua exists, it assumes it is a full mod, even if the only things it changes is animations.
I suspect you're right. :( That's why I ask about it.
Still, may I ask for it?

Maybe it's time to add "colorblind" option into vanilla, as an alternative to the mods... Or maybe there will be the way to distinguish pure texture pack vs scripting mod?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

There's currently no way for Factorio to know if you've adjusted something that will change the game state and there's not enough time to fit more features into 0.13.

0.14 I hope to make the detection smarter so people can make changes to things that we know won't effect the game state and not require all people involved have the mods installed (or disable steam achievements when installed).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Maybe there is hope to have colorblind option in 0.13.xx vanilla? Let's say 0.13.20+ ?
Maybe just few textures switch for the ores?

stellatedHex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by stellatedHex »

I think that the vanilla textures should just be made more colorblind-friendly, period. The worst offenders for at least one red-green colorblind person (me), are the smart inserters vs normal inserters (I think I recall that smart inserters are being replaced by filter inserters, but if filter inserters are the same color...), copper fields vs biters, copper wires vs red wires, and green wires (which are just terribly difficult to see).
stellatedHexahedron wrote:I'm the kind of person who makes Conway's Game of Life in Factorio, but forgets what they are doing halfway through typing their username.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22760 Support for Color Blinds / Better Visibility ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”