Catapults?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Catapults?

Post by Otterbear »

Catapults...thats all I'm sayin'...

Ok, that not all I'm saying.

I think they would be fun, and could use a similar mechanic to underground pipes/conveyors. A catapult and a net. The distances would, of course, be greater to be of any real use.

Could be used to "transport" items over long(ish) distances, over obstacles, and lakes and such. I think this would add a bit of humor and utility at the same time.

They could take the place of conveyors in the very early game. Instead of running back and forth gathering Stone, copper, iron, and coal to keep things moving. Some wood, would be all thats required to build a catapult and net setup.

For example: Your stone supply is a little to far to keep running back and forth...so you set up a catapult at the site and it could self load(act as a box), and "transport" stone to a net(which also acts as a box, or to another catapult , to move items closer to your base of operations.

Just a thought.

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Catapults?

Post by Harkonnen604 »

I guess it will be too humorous to keep with current mood of the game, but the whole idea is fun anyway :)

I wish somebody implements a mod where every inserter is replaced with a catapult :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Every time I hear or read catapult, I think https://www.thepcmanwebsite.com/media/cat-a-pult/
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Otterbear »

Harkonnen604 wrote:I guess it will be too humorous to keep with current mood of the game, but the whole idea is fun anyway :)

I wish somebody implements a mod where every inserter is replaced with a catapult :)
Yea, they would make a great mod. If I new anything about graphics design, or modding this game, I would do it. (I know where the modding info is, thanks.)
Koub wrote:Every time I hear or read catapult, I think https://www.thepcmanwebsite.com/media/cat-a-pult/
LOL, too funny! Thats more of a Sling-shot than a catapult, but still fun.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”