Supply request?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Supply request?

Post by Otterbear »

*Try searching for those two words...

So I've been reading alot of the developmental direction post and I see a lot of RTS, and RPG, so I'm not sure how this fits but;

How about changing(or constant) supply request every now and again from the "Homeworld"?
Perhaps they could be constant and add to some kind of Score, or enhancement to your character, or assets.

Fulfilling these request could grant things such as, Free military equipment or upgrades, more combat/logistic/construction bots. *Or even a list you could choose from. *or even something I haven't thought of.

I think this would go a long way towards changing the game from a "rush to rocket"(*or whatever other end goals are added), to side-quest that you could do that may be more rewarding than the end-game to some players.

I don't feel this would add much in the way of development time,* I could be wrong of course.
I think this would greatly enhance the game-play experience significantly for those who have played awhile and may be running out of ways to challenge themselves.

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Supply request?

Post by Harkonnen604 »

You may set personal goal of setting up steady factory to launch 10 rockets in a row without delays in production :) There is rocket counter and it requires pretty much of everything if I understand correctly what's a "supply request"

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Otterbear wrote:How about changing(or constant) supply request every now and again from the "Homeworld"?
Perhaps they could be constant and add to some kind of Score, or enhancement to your character, or assets.
Have you played the supply challenge? (Play --> Custom scenario --> base/supply)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Otterbear »

Harkonnen604 wrote:You may set personal goal of setting up steady factory to launch 10 rockets in a row without delays in production :) There is rocket counter and it requires pretty much of everything if I understand correctly what's a "supply request"
Thanks for the reply Harkonnen(I love the nick btw); I'm attempting to avoid building the same factory over and over..with very little differences.

Rockets are a fine goal, as are MORE rockets...but this just leads to every game being roughly the same. *and quite a bore after you have done it several times.
daniel34 wrote:
Otterbear wrote:How about changing(or constant) supply request every now and again from the "Homeworld"?
Have you played the supply challenge? (Play --> Custom scenario --> base/supply)
I have not...Good point, Daniel! (I've been waiting for .13 for a while now before trying any of the custom scenarios.) I guess I could give it a shot and see how it changes things up. I'm not fond of the time restraints though, to be honest.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”