Organize saves into folders by game/world

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Organize saves into folders by game/world

Post by Jap2.0 »

This is one of those little things that you don't realize is missing until someone points it out, and then you can't live without it.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:34 pm
This is one of those little things that you don't realize is missing until someone points it out, and then you can't live without it.
or you don't know it's missing until you try to use it, and find there is no such feature.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

maluramichael
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by maluramichael »

I hope its allowed to bump a post :)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Of all the save change suggestions, I think this one would be best.
+1
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

Also a +1 from me.

I think to generate an unique ID with gamestart to separate different games with the same seed could be used to generate the folders.
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

picklock wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:41 pm
I think to generate an unique ID with gamestart to separate different games with the same seed could be used to generate the folders.
I don't think that'd be needed, per-se. Generating a new map could just set a flag true. Then on save, it uses this flag state to understand this is the first ever save for this new game and generates a folder for it automatically and clears the flag. Or, if there's already something for it to know which auto-save count it's currently on (vs checking for the oldest autosave file), it could use the state of this to accomplish the same thing.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

Your idea is also a good solution.
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”