[Idea] Guided Missiles

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jeko83
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Idea] Guided Missiles

Post by Jeko83 »

Hello guys! This topic has been copied from an e-mail that I sent personally to factorio@factorio.com :) I think it's a fantastic idea :idea: and so I want to encourage developers to create something similar to this that I will post now. ;)

Originally delivered by e-mail:

-----------------Hello! I would be very happy if you could program guided missiles in the game. It would be a real turning point in the game (of course you should work hard to get them) and it would be much easier to attack the bases of the aliens. In fact, I realized that taking the first level of the series New Hope, having built numerous machines and equipment, the base of the aliens becomes enormously large, and it is virtually impossible to destroy it. Finally, considering that there are no guided missiles, the level is basically to throw. I tried to give me a rocket launcher with the laboratory (it took me less than 3 days to be able to do everything), and then, to my great disappointment, having made a machine gun with 100 magazines, I approached the alien base, which has become gigantic, but after a short time (after about 2-3 minutes trying to escape XD), I died and I had to restart the level :? , but it was beautiful and I spent three good days to build all the machines and do the research in the lab.

So, I think all the players Factorio, in the majority, want arms a little 'more powerful, and maybe some good guided rockets. 8-)

I do not ask much, but for example, only when you shoot a missile that opens a map and allows choosing where to get it to fall. It would be immensely cool! :twisted:

Excuse me for having written this very long e-mail;) :mrgreen:

Try to do your best and to program a think like it :D
Give me an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you for the cordiality and the 'attention.

Thanks for this great game; D

Jeko83-------------------

Ok, the 'e-mail address is being finished :D what do you think? I personally think it's a great thing :D Finally, I would like to say that this idea is not at all bad for the future of multiplayer, which I think will be a cool one!
Thanks for the 'attention and sorry for the long topic XD :mrgreen:
Let me know.
Bye,

Jeko83

P.S. Excuse me if there are small errors in writing but I am Italian and I'm using Google Translator (best in these cases XD) :mrgreen:

NatLaTomate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Idea] Guided Missiles

Post by NatLaTomate »

I don't think that used guided missile is a good thing... think about PvP ! Kill an ennemy cross the map ! that's not a good idea... Or the dev's will have to add some issue with guided missile (can't move when shooting, very long cooldown, very expansive missile...).

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well that is not off the table for sure.
In pvp, you can always have something like anti-missile defense.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Alien bases grow over time?
I didn't notice that.

Only timer-based creeper invasions gain +1 per invasion without any visible cap

NatLaTomate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NatLaTomate »

Yes, i like the idea of antimissile defense :)
Why not a lure for the basic rocket launcher ? A little turret which launch lures, and the rocket explod on it, instead of the player :D

Jeko83
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jeko83 »

Yeah, I think Anti-Missiles Bases can be so useful in multiplayer. But if the missile is really so much damage, you should put something like "penance" as a long cooldown, or a rule in the microchip of the missile forces that can cast only a certain number of missiles per hour (if you want to launch more missiles per 'hour, more will cost the missile itself to crafting: D)
it would not be a bad idea :mrgreen:

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Just mount a car

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”