Smart Power Poles

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Milaha
Inserter
Inserter

Smart Power Poles

Post by Milaha »

After trying to manage my power network a bit using smart inserters to shut down factories and labs at night I was thinking smart power poles would be very useful as well.

Some functions might include detecting both current output and max output of attached generators and allowing those conditions on the circuit network. At more advanced tiers placing them next to power consuming devices and getting conditions based on what (types of) devices are consuming power. Additionally being able to set a pole to stop transmitting power (maybe two options, local devices and throughput to other poles) on circuit network conditions would be super useful as well.

Once there is energy storage getting conditions from that would also be awesome as well of course.

Pinkishu
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Smart Power Poles

Post by Pinkishu »

Yeah I'd like better control over electricity

Would like to do something like: solars for running the whole factory at day,
a steam engine + coal miner + inserter will run the miner, inserter and keep lamps lit at night, but wouldn't supply any energy to the factory machines or such

note: i don't know how possible that is ATM since i haven't played everything of the game yet :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Smart Power Poles

Post by ssilk »

Necroing.

I think this belongs to the epic of current redesign of circuit network.
AFAIK there is something like that planned. So I put it to forum ready.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”