Storage organization

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kraulerson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Storage organization

Post by kraulerson »

I'm new and have looked through the forums and haven't seen this, so I'll bring it up here and suffer the flames if I missed it already.

I get storage chests as a catch all but I want to be able to organize my storage. (an area for coal, an area for iron and so on). So I was thinking of a reference system for Requester and provider chests. i.e. Requester chest AA can only get items from provider chest AA. This would allow me to setup an offload station the my bots could move material to a storage location and then have inserters move the material from the Reference requester into passive providers. I could then section out the storage areas in a way that I could keep certain materials near certain manufacturing areas. an ex.

Iron smelting facility has output going to Reference provider chest 1A.

1 main storage area holds the buffer with Reference requester chest 1A and a second smaller maufactiong facility that is far away from the main storage area but much closer to the smelting area also has a Reference requester chest 1A. Or you could split the output and have a standard passive provider chest and a Reference Provider chest to equally distribute to both.

If there are already ways to do this I would love some guidance. I've only had the game for about 2 weeks but my OCD is killing me for not being able to organize the buffer in the earlier game.

Thanks for any suggestions guys.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Storage organization

Post by ssilk »

What you suggest is nearly identical to the idea of "colored logistics". Colored, cause instead of "AA" etc. you can give them also names like "Peter", and if you can give things names you can also use colors instead of names. :)

See in general:
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093 Roboport/Logistic Network/Robot enhancements
--> below "Logistic Network extension", I also added this post there.

And in detail:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8905 Overlapping Logistic Network II
--> That uses also only the chests for that!
--> in my eyes the most detailed suggestion of that idea. There are also two (concurring) ideas in that thread!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kraulerson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Storage organization

Post by kraulerson »

Thanks! I'll definitely check out the posts.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”