In-game AI changes

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Franzo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

In-game AI changes

Post by Franzo »

In the early game you are happy that(if you stay in the center of your map) you are not bothered by creepers while building your factory, but in mid/late game it's becoming boring since there are no attacks.
In the previous(to the AI rework) versions you received periodic attacks and they increased in strength and number. As it is now, I have a savegame that I could end(Missile speed 6 and the other technology unlocked) but the only attack that I received was from one(or more) creep that was taken out by the only turret I had at that time(the factory was already big). The problem is that when you finished the "building phase"(that is pretty funny) the game becomes a bit boring because you have nothing to do.
It would be funny to have the possibility to enable random attacks(selecting strength and frequency) in mid-game, by the user will.
In other words, it's good to have weaker opponents(or no one at all) in early-game, but if the player wants he should be let free to choose whether he wants to have strong opponents or not.
I'm not a game expert but I've seen in many games that giving the choice to anyone is more effective than taking the better one and making that compulsory.
Sorry for my english(First language Italian) and my comment points to improve the game, not criticize anyone :D

Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: In-game AI changes

Post by Coolthulhu »

Try playing with "enemy bases" set to "very rich". This seems to increase the quantity of both attacks and biters, though not the size of biters.

Also, don't build solars or tons of effectivity modules.
If you go full "one with nature" and have an aura of tranquility and butterflies surrounding your head, biters won't bother you.

While the idea of random attacks itself isn't bad, it shouldn't be like in old game with biters homing on the player and labs from the far end of the map, but rather something like migrations getting too close to polluting factories and deciding to clean up.

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

In my game i also dont have any attacks and i go very dirty, but all gets absorbed by everpresent trees and distance to biters nests. But still, it's kinda waste of time to ballance the game too much too early when there will be many changes coming yet.

Franzo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Franzo »

It would be good to have patrols(passing from a tile every Tot time and respawning) to prevent to be homed like in the previous versions.
The game has many updates to come, but making the game more interesting from the beginning would help getting some support($$$) for the developers

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”