Suggestion for better challenge game

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

cyrlan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Suggestion for better challenge game

Post by cyrlan »

I'm thinking of adding more types of enemies, like for example elemental enemies, which are the inhabitants of the world, I like the processing of the game but I like if they add more enemies who want to destroy your own factory, so players should add more defenses like air defenses, mortars, torpedo launchers. I think it would be fun if that happens, and when the players are on the end game, the aliens will join the war to attack the players.

It is boring if you have big factory and you got better gear and easily defeating those large beast, I want more strategy + factory so that you need to think where to put all those defenses in your map and think how to eradicate those nasty beast out of your territory.

Thank you, and wish a good lck for this game. I love this game :D

Shin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Suggestion for better challenge game

Post by Shin »

More enemy variety would be cool. For example flying enemies or something that can dig under walls etc. Also more weapons and turrets are always great. :D
It is true that in the lategame you are really OP and more challenge is needed.

albatrosv13
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by albatrosv13 »

deleted
Last edited by albatrosv13 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

Tower defense games you have a pretty know set of enemies following a known path, etc. I wouldn't want that at all, in fact I would want to be further away from that than we are now.

The two problems I have with biters, is firstly every biter attack is basically the same mix, with just a simple global evolution scaling, which is the same every game, and secondly what they will attack and how much is entirely predictable.

I can build the same wall and turret setup at any base in any Factorio game and the biters wont beat me... Only real difference is the number of turrets I build due to evolution and pollution. I think to actually really loose a base outside the start of the game id need a monumental screw up like a pure laser defense and a total black out I cant fix quickly. Very late game when biters have lots and lots of bases that are fairly difficult to clear, its more tedious than anything to deal with.

A better variety of biters and defenses, with different attacks and resistances, if the defenses had better AI (so not just "shoot the closest thing"), and if such biter varieties were regional thus would be great, because copy-pasting the same defenses would not work. On the biter base front, rather than again vast numbers of identical thing to tediously clear, Id rather they didn't build new bases away from the player (leaving the late game explored map open nearly as much as early game), but a variety of different bases, such as stronghold bases. Few in number, but requiring a significant siege to destroy if you want them out of the way (with maybe going round and not poking being the safer option :) ).

Similarly, if the biters were to better probe for and exploit weaknesses would be a nice change. Things like occasional airborne attacks from over the water, biters tunneling deep into a base that neglected to lay down concrete or deploy other counter measures, biters occasionally attacking (although maybe with a 10 minute warning) critical non-polluting infrastructure (e.g. solar farms, and long distance power lines, but probably not rails without a practical way to avoid the problem), or massive attacks launched by previously mentioned stronghold bases (again with notice, and something the player will need more than just turrets to fight off, especially on co-op MP servers). Just general stuff that makes it less a case of building a standard turret wall then forgetting about it for the rest of the game (or until I abandon the outpost, to build an identical one on the next ore patch).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cyrlan wrote:I'm thinking of adding more types of enemies, like for example elemental enemies
Give my Enemies mod a try.
viewforum.php?f=51
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ArchJudge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ArchJudge »

Huge Dune-inspired worms that inhabit the underground and build tunnels for biters?

or

Carpets of biomass that is generated by the biter lairs, that slowly starts to spread in and sieges the player factory when it detects pollution (like Zerg creep in Starcraft), that isn't a direct threat in the sense that causes damage, but rather slowly makes the robots, assemblers, transport belts move at a decreased speed as the biomass builds up. This way the player has to divert resources from the rocket construction (mostly light oil or whatever the new flamethrower turret will use as ammo) to keep the biomass carpet at bay from overwhelming the factory production. This could take the form of stopgap measures where specialized drones are built that automatically deal with detected biomass in roboport range, or flamethrower turrets have a passive ability, even concrete and walls could play a role in the reduction of its spread.

In late stages of the game, new spore thrower alien siege artillery could add to the carpet of biomass by launching blobs of spore at the player pollution production, with poor accuracy so that it spreads around and has to be cleaned up by your trusty drone crew or just left there until the build-up makes it an emergency to remove. Having alot of these spore thrower sieging your factory will eventually overwhelm production so one would have to consider building big artillery pieces (railway guns? or it needs its ammo fed via a railway system) to combat them effectively that take quite a bit of resources to operate. Or you can always just roll your tank over them on low difficulty settings
I love the smell of concrete paving robots in the morning .... it smells like Factorio

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added thread to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=139&p=82957#p82957 Enemy Variations / Enemy Variety / New Enemies / Boss
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”