Furnace upgrades

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sir Nick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Furnace upgrades

Post by Sir Nick »

A very simple suggestion: make a steel furnace upgradeable to an electric one.

Reason: sooner or later in game I always want to replace steels with electrics, just so I don't need to run coal and divert it from power and can use modules. However, in the end I wind up with tons of obsolete furnaces. I can live with a couple obsolete mining drills, but it pains my OCD to see a dozen or more steel furnaces just clogging up some chest. It is especially important now, as with 0.9.0 electric furnaces are very tedious to reach without a well-developed infrastructure.

Regular stone furnaces, BTW, don't have this problem - they are upgradeable to boilers.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Furnace upgrades

Post by TGS »

Chop a tree, stick all the unwanted items into a wooden chest. Shoot wooden chest with 'c' until it is destroyed. Tada, you've just gotten rid of them.

tbarros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tbarros »

TGS wrote:Chop a tree, stick all the unwanted items into a wooden chest. Shoot wooden chest with 'c' until it is destroyed. Tada, you've just gotten rid of them.
dont forget to put your pistol there too! :D

Sir Nick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sir Nick »

Let me see, if I have 10 steel furnaces and replace them with electrics and follow ypur advice that would mean 80 wasted steel. Not so much for endgame, but I tend to rush electrics, so at the time of change I may be hurting for steel.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”