Suggestion/Question about Multiplayer and Blueprints

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Avarant
Inserter
Inserter

Suggestion/Question about Multiplayer and Blueprints

Post by Avarant »

This may have been addressed elsewhere, but...

Inventory management and sharing. Single player is no big deal, because you have one player inventory. But add in two separate inventories, and you've got constant arguments or issues about who needs the iron plate and steel, and whose going to do what with the limited resources. This is pretty much inevitable even if you've delegated responsibilities, because all of the core resources tend to overlap. Only when you reach late-game total-surplus mode will it not be an issue.

BUT! This could be where the Blueprints could come in. I'm not sure how it's being implemented (this is the Question part), but could it possibly help diffuse the tedium of multiple, unshared inventories? My vision is that all placeable structures (tracks, etc) to be used by Blueprint bots stay in chests (sorta like provider chests). Any player can make the build orders (regardless of what's in their inventory), and if the required structures are available in the chest, then they will get taken and built by the bots.

This may already be exactly how blueprints will work, but I'm just trying to think of ways to lessen the tedium of split inventories.

Copperfield
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Suggestion/Question about Multiplayer and Blueprints

Post by Copperfield »

is there multi player planned for this game im excited...

is there a place i can read upcoming developments or design plannings for this game?

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Suggestion/Question about Multiplayer and Blueprints

Post by TGS »

Avarant wrote:This may have been addressed elsewhere, but...

Inventory management and sharing. Single player is no big deal, because you have one player inventory. But add in two separate inventories, and you've got constant arguments or issues about who needs the iron plate and steel, and whose going to do what with the limited resources. This is pretty much inevitable even if you've delegated responsibilities, because all of the core resources tend to overlap. Only when you reach late-game total-surplus mode will it not be an issue.

BUT! This could be where the Blueprints could come in. I'm not sure how it's being implemented (this is the Question part), but could it possibly help diffuse the tedium of multiple, unshared inventories? My vision is that all placeable structures (tracks, etc) to be used by Blueprint bots stay in chests (sorta like provider chests). Any player can make the build orders (regardless of what's in their inventory), and if the required structures are available in the chest, then they will get taken and built by the bots.

This may already be exactly how blueprints will work, but I'm just trying to think of ways to lessen the tedium of split inventories.
As far as I know that is pretty much how they work. The blueprints are setup afaik so that you aren't building out of your inventory, you are placing down a 'plot' in a sense and your construction bots will do the work to build it, with the appropriate items in the relevant logistics storage. So what this would mean in a multiplayer environment is that the best and most productive way of working later in the game will be without individual inventories at all, but a shared logistics storage and the players simply dropping blueprint orders.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”