Extra warnings/alerts for various events

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Extra warnings/alerts for various events

Post by Hexicube »

It'd be nice if there were more informational messages shown where the usual "bots need items" and "building under attack" ones go, showing some of the following:
- Miner finished (yellow, periodic like the "not enough bots" message)
- Turret low on ammo (yellow, only triggers if it's firing)
- Turret out of ammo (red, only triggers if it wants to fire)
- Biters entered radar view distance (yellow, triggers after each scan completion)

Also, some options to enable/disable various messages would be great, so I don't have to deal with the "not enough bots" message constantly.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Extra warnings/alerts for various events

Post by Koub »

I planned to open a topic for the "various notifications" subject, seems I haven't been fast enough :)

I had quickly posted some things on this thread. Therefore, I'll auto-quote myself (because I'm fabulous 8-) ) :
Koub wrote:I think this should go with a little (or not-so-little) rework of the alerting system. I mean : the thing that's on the lower right side of the screen and only can tell that combat is engaged, building is damaged, building is destroyed.

I think Factorio should benefit a more advanced, historized event list, with stacking events, a brief description, an icon that would refer to what's going on in the game, and would list all kinds of events, with this being configurable by the user. Events like :
- Not enough power
- Not connected to power
- turret empty
- power production not connected to power consumption
- No science going on
- in case of bad train signaling, a tip on what's missong/wrong

Once the player won't need one kind of alert any more, he could just uncheck this lind from the alert system.
I'm sure I can think of more things if I get the time to :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16566 Alerts, Alert-Info (Map), visible/audible Indication
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hexicube »

I actually saw that post, but it was in a topic that didn't suit the suggestion. :P

I'd also like to modify a few of those:
- Not enough power - Should be a notice when supply is below 50% of demand, signifying severe power issues.
- Not connected to power - Shouldn't be added, since it was either intentional or was accompanied by a destruction alert.
- power production not connected to power consumption - See above.
- No science going on - As in a supply issue (no packs in labs)? I think it should be a displayed rate (or eta) on the science bar (in the top-right corner) instead.
- in case of bad train signaling, a tip on what's missong/wrong - The hints would be almost impossible to make work, since the system can't possibly know the exact intention. It'd also be a problem if it's intentional.

[edit]
ssilk wrote:Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16566 Alerts, Alert-Info (Map), visible/audible Indication
My bad, the post was half a year old so I assumed it was inactive. Probably should have checked that sub-forum.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”