Factorio for the iPad?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

henrik_er
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

iPadOS Build

Post by henrik_er »

TL;DR
iPadOs has recently introduced mouse support. Can we get a build for the iPad?

What ?
Long time lurker and player, first time poster here. Apple recently introduced proper mouse support to iPadOS. Combined with the keyboard already available it is now essentially a laptop. From what I understand, the previous reasoning for no factorio on iOS was the lack of mouse support. Any change we could get a build for the iPad? It would be wonderful to be able to play factorio anywhere!
Last edited by henrik_er on Sun May 10, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio for the iPad?

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: iPadOS Build

Post by brunzenstein »

henrik_er wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 am
TL;DR
iPadOs has recently introduced mouse support. Can we get a build for the iPad?

What ?
Long time lurker and player, first time poster here. Apple recently introduced proper mouse support to iPadOS. Combined with the keyboard already available it is now essentially a laptop. From what I understand, the previous reasoning for no factorio on iOS is was the lack of mouse support. Any change we could get a build for the iPad? It would be wonderful to be able to play factorio anywhere!
+1

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Considering apple's recent announcement to move to their own silicon, I would expect this topic to start getting more attention.

If wube can make factorio run natively on the new apple silicon chips for macOS then I the jump to iPadOS will be significantly smaller.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

sorahn wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:39 pm
Considering apple's recent announcement to move to their own silicon, I would expect this topic to start getting more attention.

If wube can make factorio run natively on the new apple silicon chips for macOS then I the jump to iPadOS will be significantly smaller.
Have they found a Mac developer yet?

I feel like there's no way it'll be as easy as checking an "ARM" box in the compiler, and I don't think ARM Macs will even start coming out until after 1.0.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

ezekiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ezekiel »

I’m a Mac developer and I can lend insight:

If Factorio had an iPad app but no Mac app, these upcoming changes would make Mac support easy. However that’s not the situation.

While supporting Apple Silicon on the Mac should be trivial for the developers, bringing Factorio to the iPad would not be (although with keyboard and mouse support, it gets easier and easier).

Deimo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Deimo »

Can someone please confirm if the current Mac Factorio build works OK on the new M1 Apple chips with Rosetta 2 emulation?

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Deimo wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:20 pm
Can someone please confirm if the current Mac Factorio build works OK on the new M1 Apple chips with Rosetta 2 emulation?
I saw someone on reddit confirm that it runs, but they gave no indication of performance except for "57-60 fps" (but presumably >60 UPS). It isn't a native ARM build, it is being translated through rosetta 2.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”