Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Personal roboport toggle

Post by Engimage »

+1 ofcourse

This was discussed multiple times. The idea could be extended to toggle different types of modules in the grid, not only roboports. You sometimes might want to toggle night vision, personal defences, exoskeletons etc.

Found some related suggestions. Sadly could not find general one where we discussed toggling different modules. I do remember even having lightning mark on modules as a button toggling them as some idea.

Controls - Toggle Personal Roboport On/Off
Personal roboport
Bot slots for personal roboports

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hedning1390 »

MeduSalem wrote:+1

But not because of escaping bots, but because I find it annoying altogether that personal construction bots are priorized over the network construction bots. The personal bots always try to join the construction / deconstruction fun... always taking away items from my inventory I don't want them to, or dump items into my inventory on deconstruction filling it up to the point I cannot put the item I am holding in the hand back into the inventory. Urgh.
This, and for the same reason. Of course I would probably forget to use it, just as I forget to move my roboports to my inventory in those situations today.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Obviously a good idea.

TPReal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TPReal »

For me the most annoying scenario is when I'm riding over alien nests with my tank, and robots constantly jump out to repair the damage done to the tank. But the tank is faster than the robots, so they often end up eaten by the aliens, together with my repair packs. I would really like to disable the roboport until I get to some nice and quiet area, and enable it then to let them fix the tank.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Yes please.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bman212121 »

+1 to this as well. I just leave them behind because I can't be bothered to wait for them when I'm plowing through trees. What's more annoying is that when you stop, no robots will actually repair your vehicle because there is currently one in queue to repair it (that's now 500+ tiles behind) so you have to get out and repair the vehicle yourself.

Kanddak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kanddak »

Came to forums today to post this suggestion.

Annoying case 1: Personal bots get involved in construction projects, get left behind or unintentionally deplete personal inventory.
Annoying case 2: Personal bots get involved in demolition projects, get left behind or dump unwanted items into personal inventory.
Annoying case 3: Personal bots attempt to repair fast-moving vehicles (potentially during combat), get left behind or killed by enemies.

On the other hand, sometimes the personal bots are not used when wanted:
Annoying case 4: I do want to build or demolish a small project quickly with my personal bots, but the jobs are queued by bots from a far away roboport instead.

Swapping the roboports in and out of the inventory as desired could potentially be a workaround, but currently they lose all electric power when doing this and have to recharge.

Proposed solution to cases 1, 2, 4:
Four-way toggle button on power armor screen when at least one personal roboport is installed:
  • Personal bots disabled
  • Personal bots enabled only for jobs outside network range (likely most common choice)
  • Personal bots prioritized equally with network bots (current behavior)
  • Personal bots prioritized ahead of network bots (when I want to force a job to be done promptly by standing near it)
Proposed solution to case 3: Personal bots never deploy when moving faster than a bot can fly.

Dudy99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dudy99 »

+1 The robots always get left behind when I’m in a train and then they fly over a biter base to get to me and die. Then I have to get new ones.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Yep, I would use this.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

Yep.
Should also come with an option to auto-disable them when riding a train.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

+1 !!!
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by <NO_NAME> »

dood wrote:Yep.
Should also come with an option to auto-disable them when riding a train.
Yep.
Or any other vehicle.
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

Ludicrous
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ludicrous »

+1

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

When I do play, it's amazing how often I find myself opening up my armor to remove or add the roboport.

A toggle button would be wonderful.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

WolV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

A easy way to disable personal construction robots.

Post by WolV »

I have recently started to make a megabase and I am running into a rather annoying interaction with the construction robots used in personal roboports. It is getting on my nerves how everytime I drive past my damaged laser turrets in a train, all of the construction robots leave my inventory to repair them, fall behind the train, and spend the next few minutes crawling around the map. Can we add a feature to toggle construction robots being active so they don't suicide in combat or leave your inventory whenever you ride a train? This would really make the Factorio experience even more polished.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topics with same suggestion.
Actually merged 7 topics. This is one of the most popular requests that pops every now and then since personal roboports were added.
There are even some mods to implement that :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/folk-stopthat
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EquipmentHotkeys_fixed
... plus some that are discontinued
I think this feature is really needed in vanilla.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

quake513
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Personal robo port toggle

Post by quake513 »

Idea
Once you have a Portable robo port there should be an option in the inventory menu under the logistics area for your construction robots to be toggled on and off. OR Have a different type of deconstruction planner that only your robo port would use.

Example A; Say there's a huge part of your base that you want to have deconstructed but you do not want the items to go in your inventory. You would be able to turn off your robo port so you're construction robots would not go pick up the items and bring them back to your inventory.

Example B; A different color deconstruction planner say yellow you would deconstruct an area using only your portable robo port robots, But if you used the red deconstruction planner would use base or logistic robots.

I hope everyone is able to understand this. Because as of right now when destroying a huge amount of a base the construction robots like to dump the items into my inventory and I have 0 control on having them not do it.

Thank you.
Last edited by quake513 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Personal roboport

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Also very much related :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31069
and some of the links in this one : viewtopic.php?f=80&t=20566
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

XaLpHa89
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

personal roboport: flight restriction

Post by XaLpHa89 »

In some combat situations, the construction robots could be very annoying and tend to die. In an attempt to repair my tank or surrounding objects. To prevent this, I have temporarily removed the personal roboport from my armor.

Now my idea, it would be nice if there is a button in the bottom bar to cause a flight restriction.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: personal roboport: flight restriction

Post by bobucles »

The most annoying thing is when bots fly out to repair other bots mid flight. It doesn't make much sense and it's the leading cause of bots getting killed.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”