Coal Liquefaction / Oil made from Coal

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Goldminer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Coal Liquefaction / Oil made from Coal

Post by Goldminer »

In my last games i had no use for so many coal. Huge Amounts of Coal laying around but nearly no use for it.

I remembered that there is a way to use Coal to gain Oil: Coal Liquefaction and i think that is a real good usage for all the excess Coal!

The Gameplay will profit from it i think. Gain a new usage for the Chemical Plant / Oil Raffinery to gain some more Oil, which is often extremly bottleneck the gameplay.

Needs Water, a bit Iron and Coal, Gain Oil for further use. I think the Idea is simple, useful and come up with a third tier of Oilprocessing Research maybe.

Best Greetings

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Coal Liquefaction / Oil made from Coal

Post by Klonan »

There's a mod i made which does what you're after:
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=14699

Goldminer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Goldminer »

Thanx for your Info!

At this point i prefer vanilla, but i keep it in mind if i go for modded gaming.

BULIGO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BULIGO »

I too was looking for a mod to convert all that coal to something more useful like oil.
Now i think Klonan's Bergius Process is the best one. I tried many other mods, and they are Ok in their own right, but Klonan's follows the original game's design philosophy: no cheesy magical transmuting from coal to crude oil. There are only two ways to obtain crude oil: Pumpjack or the Lord Almighty and like 2 Bilion years waiting time! :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”