[0.8.8] construction bots behavior

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.8.8] construction bots behavior

Post by Pandamonium »

I wanted to attach the save file, so you can see exactly what I mean. But forum only allows 3Mb, and a zipped save file is over 12Mb.
If anyone knows of a good way to do this, please feel free to comment.

I have testing multiple scenarios and all lead to the same result.
  • 1. Construction bots will fly to storage crates with repair packs BEFORE using up Roboport supply.
    2. Construction bots from Roboport will only fly out one per report job (maybe intended? but would have been cooler if multiple fly out to repair faster if they were available.)
The main issue is with point 1.

First, Construction bots should be using up supply of repair packs near them in the Roboport before flying across the map to find a report pack in storage crates.
Second, what is effectively happening now is that construction bots are "restocking" the Roboport supply of repair packs REALLY slowly.

Construction bots = Report and build (eventually), Logistic bots = Supply chain.
So its a little jarring at the moment.

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.8.8] construction bots behavior

Post by JackGruff »

Pandamonium wrote:
  • 2. Construction bots from Roboport will only fly out one per report job (maybe intended? but would have been cooler if multiple fly out to repair faster if they were available.)
I agree. The sum of bots sent to repair an entity should equal the sum of repair packs needed to repair it. If you would need 2 repair packs to fix a wall, 2 bots should be sent.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.8.8] construction bots behavior

Post by slpwnd »

This is not really a bug, rather a feature request. The current behavior is:

1. When a construction robot is inside a roboport it will take the repair packs from there. Otherwise it goes into the storage chest. It doesn't go to the roboport to pickup the repair packs.

2. As for dispatching multiple robots per repair job, that is a feature request again. I agree that in some cases it would lead to more effective behavior. Though we probably won't do this now (too much to do:)).

Moving this to ideas & suggestions.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”