Flamer more useful by adding burning effect

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Flamer more useful by adding burning effect

Post by FalcoGer »

Short version: Add a burning effect that sticks for a while and damages over time instead of the current instant damage that ceases immediately when you release the trigger.

Long version: Currently the flamer is very useless, even for killing trees the shotgun is better in every way even though the ammo is (imo) less expensive and the setup to produce it is needed to be less sophisticated than the oil needed to make the flamer ammo. So I suggest to make a few changes that aren't too far fetched in my imagination. First of all the flames should penetrate, meaning that they don't stop at the first thing they hit. Then they should do some damage like they do now, and add a burning effect that will stick for some time. How long exactly depends on the fire resistance. 100% means it can not burn at all. Flames then can sometimes jump over to nearby objects with a low fire resistance, like trees, causing a massive fire. When something like a gas tank starts burning, it will explode.

The flamer ammo is not easily craftable, like shotgun shells, which you can do in your hands. The ammo is more expensive. And yet the flamer is almost as useless as the pistol, so most people just don't bother with it after trying it out for the first time. I think adding flaming effects and making the weapon overall stronger, perhaps add research to increase damage, burn time and lower the amount of ammo used per time on the trigger will make people think of strategies to be using it in certain situations rather than just use the shotgun for everything and a rocket launcher/tank/capsules for static enemies.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Flamer more useful by adding burning effect

Post by ske »

Revealed it has been by ours truly kovarex who has given us this game to play in the scripture of his facts delivered to us on a friday like he reveals himself on some fridays. Do not tremble (or do, really, it's up to you). There will be fire!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Flamer more useful by adding burning effect

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”