Satellite as Ore Detector

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Atla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Satellite as Ore Detector

Post by Atla »

Hello!

Suggestion:
After a rocket launch containing a Satellite, the Satellite should begin detecting underground or hidden ores in revealed tiles. It scans and reveals tiles one (or more) at a time, like the radar, but also uncovers hidden or underground ores. Like the radar, it would have a limited range it can scan determined by where the rocket was launched.

I suggest incorporating the Satellite because:
  • 1) It's already in the game (don't need to add an ore detector)
    2) The radar functionality is already in the game, the satellite would be similar with the exception/similarity of the limited range
    3) Adding more ore prior to satellites would complicate the existing balance for research/construction
That's it! I'm keeping it short and sweet. There are two existing ideas I'm building that concept off: The next step would be creating some new mechanism to mine the new ore types and eventually creating new things from those ore types. The long term vision is, Post-Satellite launch would extend the current end-of-the-game, and would allow the player to start researching (and building) the next tier, whatever that next tier may be.

jacob021302
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Satellite as Ore Detector

Post by jacob021302 »

Good idea. I like the satellite acting as a better radar.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”