Feature request: Allow one-time orders from logistic network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Recon419A
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Feature request: Allow one-time orders from logistic network

Post by Recon419A »

I agree with this feature request. I love the new logistics interface, but it would be very nice (especially when playing modded saves) to be able to request something just once - or several times in rapid succession - without permanently queuing it. A good example is when you're building a nuclear reactor set-up: you probably don't want five hundred concrete, five hundred copper, five hundred advanced circuits, and five hundred steel in your inventory except for those times when you're hand-crafting a nuclear reactor (and I always hand craft them because I only need four or six). An even better example is heat exchangers: you're only ever going to need like sixty, so it makes no sense to automate, but crafting them by hand is a massive pain without setting an extremely high copper request that you have to trash when you're done. My proposed solution would be some sort of "shift click to summon materials" that allows you to shift-click something you don't have the materials to build, at which point one-time logistics requests are set to bring you the items you need to make it. You could then repeatedly shift-click it or shift right-click it to queue more "crafting ghosts" that would enter your crafting queue as the materials show up, preventing your inventory from filling unnecessarily. There would still be incentive to automate things you need a lot of due to crafting time, but it would ease the pain of managing so many obscure materials - especially in, say, Angelbob's, where I regularly keep five kinds of pipe, four kinds of gear, and four kinds of bearing in my inventory so that I can craft the various things like steam engines and pumpjacks that I haven't automated.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I’d say probably just add mod support for it
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The autotrash mod goes into that direction... at least it makes such things a bit easier, but far from perfect implementation of this suggestion.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Makeyourselfnerd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Makeyourselfnerd »

+1. I like this idea also, especially the ability to do a one time order based on a held blueprint.

For today, you all can just slap down a blue requester chest and do a one time order right there. You have to hang out a bit and can't go running all around, but just clear the request after the bots bring everything BEFORE you pull the stuff into your inventory and no excess will come.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

joined another old thread from March 2016 into this (bit older) topic — ssilk
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I really just don’t think this is necessary. I would probably almost never use it
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

Perhaps this could instead be achieved by using requester/buffer chests for the items you want to one-time-order.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

PyroFire wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:37 am
Perhaps this could instead be achieved by using requester/buffer chests for the items you want to one-time-order.
Unless you haven't discovered them, which was precisely my case yesterday, when I tried to setup an outpost, and I spent what seemd to me to be hours to fiddle with my regular logistic requests, because I suddenly needed excess items, and also afterwards forgetting I had set exceptional requests for my regular items, and ended up with thousands excess belts, inserters, mining drills, ... in my inventory I had to ditch. Well it can be done without, but it's a real mess.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Enabling/disabling rows of (or single) logistic requests

Post by Drogiwan Cannobi »

TL;DR

It would be useful to enable or disable single logistic requests or rows of them.
What?
  • When constructing large builds (especially outposts or other stuff outside roboport range) I always have to disable my logistic requests, empty my inventory and pick up a lot of stuff manually. Or alternatively (and even worse) delete my requests and request like 2k rails, 1k miners and so on which are sure to clog up my inventory once the build is done. Also in general I find it's never quite possible to really carry all the different buildings you might need (As I usually request 1k belts and stuff like that). It would be very nice to be able to enable/disable certain single requests or (even better imo) whole rows of requests. This way you could have an "mining outpost row", an "oil outpost row" and so on.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Also very related : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14504
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”