two idea - Sea work and 3d pics

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sophalin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

two idea - Sea work and 3d pics

Post by Sophalin »

Well I have two ideas:
1. Sea work.

It seems that the seas and lake are somewhat annoying space that does almost nothing (except providing water)
I would like to see some of the factory work with the water parts like oil rigs in the middle of the sea, ships that can transport grand amount of items and bridges that will allow to cross the sea.

2. 3D pics,
I would like to see a feature that allows the player take a picture of the world and creates a 3D copy of the world.
as I understands it can be VERY complicated to 3dimensionalize the whole game, this feature can help the player see their factory comes to life in a more realistic way.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: two idea - Sea work and 3d pics

Post by ssilk »

The first one is suggested some times before. But oil rigs are often: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/sea ... rigs&fid=6

The second I don't understand. How is a 3D copy of a 2D-game looking like???
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: two idea - Sea work and 3d pics

Post by vanatteveldt »

+1 to doing something useful with water.

Having boats and oil rigs makes sense. Boats can be very similar to railways, in the sense that a harbor/quay is a station that needs inserters on the land side to insert/extract goods from the boat, and lines between harbors just like for trains.

Oil rigs presumably need a special tanker OR undersea pipes. I think the former is more factorio-like, but it's difficult to think how you can avoid automagic loading/unloading and things like that. I think an expensive "platform" structure has been proposed that opens up water tiles for regular building, including oil rigs / harbors.

This of course also requires some sort of flying or swimming biter. Having any biter > small be able to swim would be cool, and if spitters can't swim it would add an interesting difference between land and sea defense.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”